Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner 100mL
Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner is a cleansing agent to be used as an aid in the treatment and prevention of otitis externa in dogs. Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner has a cleansing, drying and antiseptic action.
Why use Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner?
- Has a cleansing, drying and antiseptic action.
- Available in a 100 mL plastic bottle with flexible ear applicators.
- Australian made.
How to use Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner
Dose Rate: Instil 0.2 – 0.4 mL (5-10 drops) in each ear twice daily as an adjunct to therapy, or 0.2 – 0.4 mL (5-10 drops) in each ear once or twice a week in dogs prone to ear problems. Gently massage the ears after treatment.
The use of multiple ear cleaners in dogs with perforated ear drums is toxic to ears (ototoxic). Ensure the ear drum is intact before using Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner.
1. Always consult with your veterinarian before using an ear cleaner and follow their directions accordingly.
2. It is best to warm the ear cleaner by placing it in your pocket 5 – 10 minutes prior to use.
3. Find a comfortable outside area with few distractions for your dog, try to make the experience enjoyable, talk to them, give a treat and/or play with them once the cleaning is complete.
4. Enlisting the help of another family member can be helpful, one to hold, one to clean. Holding the dog firmly but gently like you are cuddling them, don’t pull on the sore ear.
5. Apply the ear cleaner to the ear. If you are using a flushing ear cleaner, fill the ear till you can see the product start to spill from the ear. With Troy Alpha Ear Cleaner only a small amount is necessary, apply 0.2 – 0.4 mL per ear. Place the ear cleaner applicator in your pet’s ear and apply gentle pressure to the bottle, to dispense a small volume. Massage the base of the ear, you will be able to hear a squishing sound, some dogs find this enjoyable. Allow the ear cleaner to stay in the ear for a few minutes. Your dog will want to shake their head immediately, try to stop them, or place some cotton swabs over the ear to keep the ear cleaner in the ear. After a few minutes, allow your dog to shake their head. This will aid in the removal of ear cleaner and any debris/wax from the ear.
6. Gently wipe any excess medication from the outside of the ear, but do not poke anything smaller than an adult thumb into your pet’s ear. Cotton swabs can be used to clean any debris visible. Do not push the swabs into the ear canal, this can push any dislodged debris back into the ear.
7. Repeat as necessary or as instructed by your veterinarian.
8. If a medication is to be applied to the ear, wait for 10 – 15 minutes after cleaning the ear before applying the medication.
Administration Route: Aural.
Contraindications: Do not use in dogs with perforated ear drums. Contraindicated for use in cats.
Withholding Period: Nil.
Storage Conditions: Store below 30 °C (room temperature).
Disposal: Dispose of container by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.
Please refer to carton and/or enclosed leaflet for full product information.